Migrate from Wix Answers to HelpSite
Wix Answers is shutting down 6/1/2023 and you'll need to find an alternative before then to keep your articles online!
The good news is that HelpSite is a great Wix Answers alternative and we are here to help you easily transition your knowledge base from Wix Answers to HelpSite.
Export articles from Wix Answers
When you're logged into Wix Answers, you should be able to export your articles and categories in the JSON format. This will be 2 files you'll need to download.
Import JSON into HelpSite
To import your Wix Answers content into HelpSite:
- First, sign up for a free trial of HelpSite here: https://helpsite.com/users/signup
- Follow the prompts to create a new site.
- Choose a subdomain like "your-company"
- Enter whatever custom domain (if any) you used on Wix Answers, such as "help.your-company.com"
- You don't need to manually copy and paste your articles or categories over. Instead...
- Send us an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Wix URL:
- HelpSite subdomain:
- And of course, attach your articles and categories JSON.
After you email us we'll help your data migration go as smooth as possible and you'll be up and running in no time.
From your export, we will re-create your categories and articles. We'll even set up redirects from your old URL structure to your new URL structure.