Data Security & Privacy
Table of contents:
At HelpSite we pride ourselves on keeping your data secure. Our entire business is built around the trust of our customers, so we work hard to keep your data secure. We've implemented policies and technical solutions to ensure that your confidential information stays only in trusted hands.
Here are a few things we've done to help ensure your content's security:
- We offer Two Factor Authentication (2FA/MFA) to help protect you and your team's HelpSite accounts, and let you monitor which users on your team need to setup 2FA.
- Strong SSL certificate (TLS 1.2+) is always used for all pages. We use industry-leading encryption for all private data in transit -- the same type of encryption that banks and governments use. All of our customer-created knowledge base sites also can benefit from SSL.
- All data is stored securely in Amazon AWS and/or Render, which offers top tier cloud security.
- Database backups are made at least daily in order to recover in case of a disaster, and the restoration procedure is tested regularly. Additionally, users can request their own data exports anytime.
- For private/internal help sites, none of your content can be viewed without a user account that has been granted access.
- We have undergone automated and manual security testing, looking for vulnerabilities.
- We offer multiple user access role levels to help you minimize risk when collaborating with employees.
- We have policies preventing our own employees from viewing your private articles unless a specific support request requires it.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please get in touch.