How are team members counted?
Depending on which HelpSite pricing plan your account is on, you'll be limited to how many team members (users) you can invite.
A common question we get is:
Who is counted as a team member?
For pricing purposes, we only count registered HelpSite users with their own unique login/password.
So the answer really depends on the specific settings of your knowledge base based on how users are accessing your site – specifically, based on your site privacy options and whether you're planning to use article-level visibility features. What that means is:
The following count toward Team Member limits:
- Users invited with an "Admin" role
- Users invited with a "Content Editor (All sites)" role
- Users invited with a "Read Only (All sites)" role – which you'd only use if you had either specific articles or your entire knowledge base set to private.
- Users invited with a Custom Role
The following do not count toward Team Member limits, and are unlimited:
- Visitors to publicly accessible knowledge base sites
- Visitors to sites that require a "shared password" or "secret link"
- Visitors to sites that require JWT authentication
HelpSite does not charge per-user or per-site. What you see on our pricing page is the total price.
If you have any questions, please contact us.